- Welcome. Prof. Javier de Cendra. Dean IE Law School
- Opening keynote speech. Prof. Hugh Beale (University of Warwick, UK). The role for European Contract Law: uniformity or diversity?
UNIFORM RULES FOR THE INTERNAL MARKET
Chair: Prof. Charlotte Leskinen (IE University, Spain)
- Prof. Bart Wauters (IE University, Spain). Ius Commune and Contract Law
- Prof. Fernando Gómez Pomar (Pompeu Fabra University, Spain). Optimal Standards for the Single Market in Contract and Consumer Law
- Prof. Zeynep Tarman (Koç University, Turkey). Non-state Law in the Arbitration of Commercial Contracts
UNIFORM RULES FOR NATIONAL LEGISLATORS AND COURTS
Chair: Prof. Víctor Torre de Silva (IE Law School, Spain)
- Prof. Encarna Roca i Trías (Magistrate Constitutional Court of Spain). The modernization of the law of obligations by using the principles of European contract law
- Prof. Thomas Ackermann (Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Germany). Uniform rules as guidelines for national courts and legislatures: The German experience
- Prof. Vanessa Mak (Tilburg University, The Netherlands). Better regulation? An evaluation of the influence of uniform rules for European contract law in Dutch law
UNIFORM RULES TO BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN COMMON AND CIVIL LAW
Chair: Prof. Marie-José Garot (IE Law School)
- Prof. Stefan Vogenauer (Director Max Planck Institute for European Legal History, Germany). Uniform Rules on the Interpretation of Contracts to Bridge the Gap between the Civil and the Common Law
- Prof. André Janssen (City University of Hong Kong). Bridging the gap: The CISG as a successful legal hybrid between Common and Civil Law?
- Prof. Francisco de Elizalde (IE University, Spain). Contractual Terms in the Common and Civil Law. Do Uniform Rules reflect a common core?
UNIFORM RULES AS A REQUIREMENT OF CONSUMER LAW
Chair: Prof. Fernando Pastor Merchante (IE University)
- Prof. Marco Loos (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands). Uniform contract law: does consumer law show the way forward?
- Prof. Christian Twigg-Flesner (University of Hull, UK). Designing European Consumer Contract Law rules – the mistakes of past attempts and suggestions for the future
- Prof. Geraint Howells (Dean, City University of Hong Kong). What can consumers gain from uniform European consumer laws?
UNIFORM RULES AS A MODEL FOR NON-EU COUNTRIES
Chair: Mr. Esteban Leccese (King & Spalding, USA)
- Prof. Mateja Djurovic (City University of Hong Kong). Uniform rules for European Contract Law as a model for the Asian countries
- Prof. Işik Önay (Koç University, Turkey). Effects of European Harmonization on Turkish Contract Law
- Prof. Iñigo de la Maza (Diego Portales University, Chile). The Principles of Latin American Contract Law. Harmonisation as Syncretism
- Closing speech. Prof. Larry DiMatteo (University of Florida, USA)
- Concluding remarks. Prof. María Paz García Rubio (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain).
- Final words. Prof. Salvador Carmona, Rector IE University